Every time I make this recipe, my guests compliment me on how great the burgers taste. The secret is a little bit of Liquid Smoke and a few sprinkles of seasonings. —Michelle Miller Abbeville, South Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 12 slices process American cheese
- 12 sesame seed hamburger buns, split
- Mayonnaise, lettuce leaves, tomato slices and pickle slices
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 12 patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Top each burger with a cheese slice. Grill 1-2 minutes longer or until the cheese begins to melt. Serve on buns with mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato and pickles.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Morton's Nature's Seasons Seasoning Blend.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 476 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 941mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein.
May 31, 2011
This recipe makes phenomenal cheeseburgers! The aroma from the grill made my guests gather. I didn't have saltines so I crushed up some tortilla chips. I will always make my burgers this way from now on.