On weekday mornings, I whip up this fun chicken and blueberry combination in minutes to take for lunch. It also works as a nice, light salad for a summer supper, and it’s a cinch to double it for a shower or potluck. —Kari Caven, Coeur d'Alene, ID
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Bibb lettuce leaves, optional
- Set aside a few blueberries for topping salad. In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery, red pepper, green onions and remaining blueberries. In a small bowl, mix yogurt, mayonnaise and salt. Add to chicken mixture; gently toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until serving. If desired, serve over lettuce. Top with reserved blueberries. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Chicken Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2005, p 11
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Blueberry Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review