Blueberry Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Bibb lettuce leaves, optional
- Set aside a few blueberries for topping salad. In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery, red pepper, green onions and remaining blueberries. In a small bowl, mix yogurt, mayonnaise and salt. Add to chicken mixture; gently toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until serving. If desired, serve over lettuce. Top with reserved blueberries. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Blueberry Chicken Salad
Sort By :
Family and guests love this.
Refreshing summertime treat!
Excellent! We just started go to a Nutritionist to learn how to control my husband's diabetes 2 & help him to lose weight. We had to make major changes in what we eat. We live in Phoenix & it is so hot in summer. No way did I want to spend a lot of time in kitchen. My TOH Simple Cooking June/Jul 2013 arrived in the mail that day. I saw this recipe went to grocery store & made it next day. I left out the salt because we are cutting back on sodium. We just love it. The servings are so filling. There are only 2 of us, so had leftovers next day. Was still delicious. Plan to have at least twice a month. This is a recipe that is great to serve guest too!!
Yum! This is one of our summertime favorite meals. I serve it with a roll on the side for a delicious light dinner. I like a sweeter taste, so I don't add all the salt it calls for.