From Niceville, Florida, Diane Hixon shares a tasty topper for tortilla chips. Chili powder and sassy salsa season a zesty mixture of ground beef and refried beans that's sprinkled with green onions, tomatoes and ripe olives.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- Sliced ripe olives, chopped green onions and tomatoes, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the next seven ingredients; heat through.
- Serve over tortilla chips. Top with olives, onions and tomatoes if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Blue-Ribbon Beef Nachos in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p48
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Blue-Ribbon Beef Nachos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review