If you like classic bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches, check out these muffins. They're perfect for pancake breakfasts and bring-a-dish dinners alike. You can serve softened cream cheese or butter with them, but they're moist and rich on their own. —Katie Koziolek, Hartland, Minnesota
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon (about 12 strips)
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and sugar. In a small bowl, whisk milk and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the bacon, tomatoes and parsley.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as BLT Muffins in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p47
Reviews for BLT Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review