- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups frozen okra, thawed
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, diced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- In a Dutch oven, combine the peas, water, okra, rice, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add sausage and tomatoes; cover and simmer 15 minutes longer or until liquid is absorbed. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Black-Eyed Pea Jambalaya(4)
Sort By :
We really liked this. I added onions, because we really like the taste, and I also added a little Cajun seasoning. Yummy!
I was looking for a black-eyed pea recipe for New Year's good luck. I figured I'd try this and the kids would eat their one bite and be done. Instead, they asked me to make it again soon.
I made this the other night and it was really good. I used Rotel (tomatoes with green chilies) instead of tomatoes. This will be on my favorite list.
My husband and I really enjoy this meal. I always add chopped onion and sometimes use a spicier sausage. Makes good leftovers!