If you know anything about Texans, you know we love our black-eyed peas. But you don't have to be from here to enjoy this recipe.
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups frozen okra, thawed
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, diced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- In a Dutch oven, combine the peas, water, okra, rice, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add sausage and tomatoes; cover and simmer 15 minutes longer or until liquid is absorbed. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Black-Eyed Pea Jambalaya in Country Extra September 2004, p51
Reviews for Black-Eyed Pea Jambalaya
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review