- 1 can (15 ounces) Southwestern black beans, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Sour cream, salsa and guacamole, optional
- In a large skillet, combine the beans, tomatoes, chicken and onion powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until thickened.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheeses. Sprinkle half of the cheese mixture over four tortillas. Layer with chicken mixture and remaining cheese mixture. Top with remaining tortillas.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook quesadillas in 1 tablespoon oil for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted, using additional oil as needed. Cut into wedges. Serve with sour cream, salsa and guacamole if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Black Bean-Chicken Quesadillas
Sort By :
Although I love quesadillas, i make these into wraps and like them just as much. I keep the fixings on hand always. 10 minutes and my meal is ready and delicious. I can use whatever size tortilla I want, add a side dish, salad, or add shredded lettuce to the wrap. if you want it more spicy hot use the hot Rotel tomatoes or add your favorite hot salsa.
It was kind of bland
These were easy to assemble. Family loved them.
I cannot cook - and when I made this recipe, both my husband were surprised at how much we loved it! It's easy and fast! Like one of the other reviewers, I doctored the chicken by adding chili powder to it before adding it to the skillet. I also skipped the oil and used cooking spray to cook the Quesadillas - turned out great. This is now a staple recipe in our house! THANK YOU!
Very tasty and very easy to make.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quesadillas >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >