- 1 can (15 ounces) Southwestern black beans, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Sour cream, salsa and guacamole, optional
- In a large skillet, combine the beans, tomatoes, chicken and onion powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until thickened.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheeses. Sprinkle half of the cheese mixture over four tortillas. Layer with chicken mixture and remaining cheese mixture. Top with remaining tortillas.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook quesadillas in 1 tablespoon oil for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted, using additional oil as needed. Cut into wedges. Serve with sour cream, salsa and guacamole if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Black Bean-Chicken Quesadillas
"I love chicken and beans....This recipe hits the bulls eye for me and my family...I did however, buy my own chicken breast bone in or you can also use boneless. Seasoned with taco seasoning, then saut?. After chicken breast cooked, I chopped it small pieces added tomatoes black beans, salsa with fresh chopped cilantro and mixed...I did not want too soggy...came out perfect...Add to Tortilla with cheese and melt in frying pan for crispier Quesadillas or put in microwave and melt....To each his or her own....I served it with guacamole and Spanish rice with glandules', sour cream and more salsa for dipping....I like putting my own spin on these recipe.......YUMMMFYI; This mixture can be used for tacos or wraps, quick, easy and healthy. Whole wheat Tortilla also can be used or whatever other types Tortilla to your liking"
"love this! Only added some additional seasoing to my chicken. Sprayed the pan with cooking spray and used whole wheat tortillas. Delicious!"
"Although I love quesadillas, i make these into wraps and like them just as much. I keep the fixings on hand always. 10 minutes and my meal is ready and delicious. I can use whatever size tortilla I want, add a side dish, salad, or add shredded lettuce to the wrap. if you want it more spicy hot use the hot Rotel tomatoes or add your favorite hot salsa."
"It was kind of bland"
"These were easy to assemble. Family loved them."
"I cannot cook - and when I made this recipe, both my husband were surprised at how much we loved it! It's easy and fast! Like one of the other reviewers, I doctored the chicken by adding chili powder to it before adding it to the skillet. I also skipped the oil and used cooking spray to cook the Quesadillas - turned out great. This is now a staple recipe in our house! THANK YOU!"
"Super easy and pretty basic ingredients. This has become one of our regular go-to meals."
"I used left over pork mixed with taco seasing. The black beans and motzerella cheese. Yum Yum With home made salsa, sour cream, big hit and eazy"
"it was real simple to make."