Black and Blue Cobbler Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Combine the eggs, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Spread the batter evenly onto the bottom of a greased 5-qt. slow cooker.
- In a large saucepan, combine the berries, water, orange peel and remaining sugar; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; immediately pour over batter. Cover and cook on high for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted into the batter comes out clean.
- Turn cooker off. Uncover and let stand for 30 minutes before serving. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Black and Blue Cobbler
Sort By :
Pam the recipe calls for 2 cups blueberries and 2 cups blackberries. I'm trying tomorrow but using frozen berries we have on hand, blue, black, and raspberries.
I am going to try it on Sunday. The recipe says 2 cups of blueberries TWICE, is it 2 or 4 cups of berries?
have not made as yet - has anyone made this in the oven. Sukie
This recipe was a hit!
This is a KEEPER!! I have made this twice now. The first time as directed. Second time (which I like better) I replaced the sugar with Stivea, orange zest with lemon and added 1 tblsp of corn starch to the berrie mixture as it cooked. Made it thicker after cooking. I also doubled the cobbler mixture and 1 1/2 times for the berries. Cooked it on low for 4 hrs and it made it a fluffier biscuit. Family loves this! Served it with fresh whipped cream. Mmm Mm!