Biscuit Pizza Bake Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Meanwhile, quarter the biscuits; place in a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Top with pizza sauce. Drain beef; sprinkle over biscuits and sauce.
- Layer with green pepper, onion, mushrooms, pepperoni and cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Biscuit Pizza Bake(18)
Sort By :
This was good but I only used 1 can biscuits and still had doughy middle. I used full jar pizza sauce but think it could've used a little more. Next time I'd spread dough in thinner layer, add more sauce, saute veggies with the meat, and probably cook at higher heat with it covered for awhile (so cheese doesn't brown too much). The smell and taste were really great! I also liked that I could customize the toppings for my family.
Excellent!!! Definiately going to make this again except, need to bake the biscuits somewhat first because they where still a little doughy
I have made this twice, and it was really good, I cooked the pepper and onions with the ground beef, and cooked the biscuits a bit first so that they weren't doughie in the middle.
That happens to me every time I make something like or something like a Stromboli that's rolled with filling. Now I cover this type of dish loosely with foil for the first half or so of the baking time. I've done the same while baking bread. This gives the center a chance to bake through before browning the top. I would also add the cheese at the end but mostly because I like my cheese on top melty & gooey instead of brown & hard, in my oven - it ends up brown & hard.
I've made this twice now, but both times the biscuit dough in the center of the casserole has stayed doughie. The ground beef was well drained, so that was not the problem. Will either bake the biscuits for a bit prior to putting the toppings on, or, bake the entire dish (less the cheese) for 15 to 20 min's longer.....adding the cheese in the last 15 min's of baking time.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Pizza Recipes >