- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh Bing or other dark sweet cherries, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup coarsely crushed amaretti cookies (about 16 cookies)
- Optional toppings: fresh mint leaves, halved Bing cherries and additional crushed amaretti cookies
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand 1 minute. Heat and stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Place sour cream, sugar, lemon juice, extracts, 1 cup cherries and gelatin mixture in a blender; cover and process until cherries are pureed. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Remove 1/2 cup whipped cream; reserve for topping. Gently fold remaining whipped cream into cherry mixture. Fold in crushed cookies and remaining chopped cherries. Divide mixture among eight dessert dishes. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Serve with reserved whipped cream and toppings if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Bing Cherry-Amaretti Fool in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p212
Reviews for Bing Cherry-Amaretti Fool
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review