- 8 cups cubed day-old bread
- 9 eggs
- 2-1/4 cups milk
- 1-3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, cream, sugar, butter, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour evenly over bread.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the sugar, water and lemon juice to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook until sugar is dissolved and mixture turns a golden amber color. Stir in butter until melted. Gradually stir in cream. Serve with bread pudding. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Biltmore's Bread Pudding
Sort By :
I used cinnamon swirl bread
I've made this recipe for years. My family and I just love it. I've tried other bread pudding recipes before, but my husband told me not to change a thing after he ate this one. Yuuuumy!!!
This is yummy! My husband and all of my kids loved it. The only thing I changed was I used homemade raisin bread.
I'm confused about this recipe. The picture on this page for the Biltmore Pudding is the same picture for the Apple Cranberry Pudding. Makes me wonder.
For my parents anniversary last year I made a huge meal and my mom just loves bread pudding but hasn't been able to find a good one in years, when she tried this she raved that it was the best she had ever had and she's a pretty difficult person to please in the food department. There was a lot of leftovers but luckily this keeps really well when refrigerated and still tasted amazing warmed up or even cold :)