- 1-1/2 cups panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 30 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- Place bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine egg whites and milk. In a third shallow bowl, combine flour, seafood seasoning, salt and pepper. Dip shrimp in the flour mixture, egg mixture, then bread crumbs.
- Place shrimp on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; spritz shrimp with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 8-12 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and coating is golden brown, turning once. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Better Than Fried Shrimp
"These were very yummy! We were a little worried that, because they were "healthy", they wouldn't have enough flavor. Well, we were wrong! For the seafood seasoning I used Old Bay, and then omitted the salt and pepper (there is plenty of both in Old Bay). There was just enough of the Old Bay taste on each shrimp for it to be yummy, but not overpowering. I too cut the recipe in half (for just two of us) and also used Canola Oil cooking spray. I will be making this one again!"
"These were really good and very easy to prepare. Made a half portion for two of us of the Cilantro Dipping Sauce from TOH's Grilled Shrimp w/ Cilantro Dipping Sauce and it was delicious. We had the shrimp for dinner, but they could also be used as an appetizer. Yum, yum!"
"wonderful. Tasty and crispy. Used all purpose seasoning, Italian seasoned panko crumbs (was all I could find at the store) and regular cooking spray."
"easy to make family loved it"
"This is great!!"