- 24 lasagna noodles
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cartons (15 ounces each) ricotta cheese
- 8 cups (2 pounds) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) chunky salsa
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning. In a small bowl, combine egg whites and ricotta cheese. Drain noodles.
- In each of two 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes, layer four noodles, 3/4 cup ricotta mixture, half of the beef mixture and 1-1/3 cups cheddar cheese. Top each with four noodles, 3/4 cup ricotta mixture, 1-1/2 cups salsa and 1-1/3 cups cheese. Repeat.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 casseroles (8 servings each).
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Beef Taco Lasagna(11)
Sort By :
made it ate some the nabor next door ate the rest of it , when I came back to the kitchen I ask him WHY DID YOU EAT ALL MY SUPPER? he said YOU ASK ME TO COME OVER FOE SUPPER,
Great family loves it, easy to make. I used 2
Whole eggs instead of egg whites, also used a dairy free ricotta cheese, goat mozzarella cheese.
A soy based ricotta cheese,
This is really good and a nice change from traditional lasagna.
My family LOVED this recipe! It is so simple and easy to make! I will definitely make this again!
This was so good I had to actually stop myself from eating half a pan of it. Delish! and easy to make.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Lasagna Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Lasagna Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >