- 24 lasagna noodles
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cartons (15 ounces each) Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 8 cups (2 pounds) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) chunky salsa
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning. In a small bowl, combine egg whites and ricotta cheese. Drain noodles.
- In each of two 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes, layer four noodles, 3/4 cup ricotta mixture, half of the beef mixture and 1-1/3 cups cheddar cheese. Top each with four noodles, 3/4 cup ricotta mixture, 1-1/2 cups salsa and 1-1/3 cups cheese. Repeat.
Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 2 casseroles (8 servings each).
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Beef Taco Lasagna
Sort By :
"I didn't have ne lasagna noodles or ricotta cheese - so I used penne noodles and cottage cheese & well it turned out looking a lot better than the photos here... seemed to have a better firmness and every1 loved it and NO leftovers... good thing I made 2!"
"My family enjoyed this dish and I liked that I can make it as spicy as I wanted with the type of salsa and seasonings I use. I would agree with other reviews that this would be better written using one pan measurements and simply stating it is easy to double.Great overall!"
"My family all ate this dish, but I didn't get any raves. I agree with the other reviewers that you need to use oven ready noodles or boil them as directed. I used 2 entire jars of salsa in one 13x9 dish, and I thought it may need another jar...it was a bit dry. All the flavors were there and I loved the concept of a Taco Lasagna, but this recipe was just ok."
"Made this tonight!! Used cottage cheese instead of ricotta!! It was great."
"Has anyone tried this using a small curd cottage cheese instead of the ricotta? I'm just not a big fan of ricotta."