- 24 lasagna noodles
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cartons (15 ounces each) ricotta cheese
- 8 cups (2 pounds) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) chunky salsa
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning. In a small bowl, combine egg whites and ricotta cheese. Drain noodles.
- In each of two 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes, layer four noodles, 3/4 cup ricotta mixture, half of the beef mixture and 1-1/3 cups cheddar cheese. Top each with four noodles, 3/4 cup ricotta mixture, 1-1/2 cups salsa and 1-1/3 cups cheese. Repeat.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 casseroles (8 servings each).
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Beef Taco Lasagna
Sort By :
"Made this tonight!! Used cottage cheese instead of ricotta!! It was great."
"Has anyone tried this using a small curd cottage cheese instead of the ricotta? I'm just not a big fan of ricotta."
"This is one of my favorites to make.A lot of steps but well worth it.We have this at least once a week."
"Anything with Taco and Lasagne in the name gets my attention. It was delicious!!. Made both batches for my army of a family, and the leftovers were even better."
"Good! I only made one pan. Takes a while to get to the table. We added lettuce, sour cream, and salsa on top. Next time, I'm going to add refried beans to the layers and probably increase the meat."