This recipe makes two big pans. Freeze one or both to enjoy later. —Stacey Compton, Toledo, Ohio
- 24 lasagna noodles
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cartons (15 ounces each) ricotta cheese
- 8 cups (2 pounds) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) chunky salsa
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning. In a small bowl, combine egg whites and ricotta cheese. Drain noodles.
- In each of two 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes, layer four noodles, 3/4 cup ricotta mixture, half of the beef mixture and 1-1/3 cups cheddar cheese. Top each with four noodles, 3/4 cup ricotta mixture, 1-1/2 cups salsa and 1-1/3 cups cheese. Repeat.
Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked lasagna. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake lasagna as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer to read 165°. Yield: 2 casseroles (8 servings each).
Originally published as Beef Taco Lasagna in Taste of Home April/May 2005, p47
Reviews for Beef Taco Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review