- 24 lasagna noodles
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cartons (15 ounces each) ricotta cheese
- 8 cups (2 pounds) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) chunky salsa
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning. In a small bowl, combine egg whites and ricotta cheese. Drain noodles.
- In each of two 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes, layer four noodles, 3/4 cup ricotta mixture, half of the beef mixture and 1-1/3 cups cheddar cheese. Top each with four noodles, 3/4 cup ricotta mixture, 1-1/2 cups salsa and 1-1/3 cups cheese. Repeat.
Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 2 casseroles (8 servings each).
Reviews for Beef Taco Lasagna
Sort By :
"this was very good and will definitely make again - i halved the entire recipe for one pan as i didn't want to freeze one.... so while i cut all measurements in half i found my 13x9 pan could only hold 3 lasagna noodles at a time (on each layer) and i used 2 full jars (24 oz each) of the salsa (which in the recipe that would be total for 2 pans) but i felt 1 was NOT enough as the top layer i added the little that was left in the jar and knew it would dry out so opened another i had and added it to top and then baked - after 20 mns i took out and put more on top where i saw it dry - then added the cheese and fresh cilantro on top - also i used cheddar pepperjack cheese and next time i may add some black beans to the beef mixture to bulk it up more - otherwise its perfect! mmmmmmmmm"
"I didn't have ne lasagna noodles or ricotta cheese - so I used penne noodles and cottage cheese & well it turned out looking a lot better than the photos here... seemed to have a better firmness and every1 loved it and NO leftovers... good thing I made 2!"
"My family enjoyed this dish and I liked that I can make it as spicy as I wanted with the type of salsa and seasonings I use. I would agree with other reviews that this would be better written using one pan measurements and simply stating it is easy to double.Great overall!"
"My family all ate this dish, but I didn't get any raves. I agree with the other reviewers that you need to use oven ready noodles or boil them as directed. I used 2 entire jars of salsa in one 13x9 dish, and I thought it may need another jar...it was a bit dry. All the flavors were there and I loved the concept of a Taco Lasagna, but this recipe was just ok."
"Made this tonight!! Used cottage cheese instead of ricotta!! It was great."