- 24 lasagna noodles
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cartons (15 ounces each) ricotta cheese
- 8 cups (2 pounds) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) chunky salsa
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning. In a small bowl, combine egg whites and ricotta cheese. Drain noodles.
- In each of two 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes, layer four noodles, 3/4 cup ricotta mixture, half of the beef mixture and 1-1/3 cups cheddar cheese. Top each with four noodles, 3/4 cup ricotta mixture, 1-1/2 cups salsa and 1-1/3 cups cheese. Repeat.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 casseroles (8 servings each).
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Beef Taco Lasagna
Sort By :
"My family all ate this dish, but I didn't get any raves. I agree with the other reviewers that you need to use oven ready noodles or boil them as directed. I used 2 entire jars of salsa in one 13x9 dish, and I thought it may need another jar...it was a bit dry. All the flavors were there and I loved the concept of a Taco Lasagna, but this recipe was just ok."
"Made this tonight!! Used cottage cheese instead of ricotta!! It was great."
"Has anyone tried this using a small curd cottage cheese instead of the ricotta? I'm just not a big fan of ricotta."
"This is one of my favorites to make.A lot of steps but well worth it.We have this at least once a week."
"Anything with Taco and Lasagne in the name gets my attention. It was delicious!!. Made both batches for my army of a family, and the leftovers were even better."