Beef Stir-Fry with Peanut Sauce Recipe
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons chunky peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 can (8 ounces) bamboo shoots, drained
- 1/2 cup julienned carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in peanut butter and 3 tablespoons soy sauce; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the beef, pepper and remaining soy sauce in oil until meat is no longer pink; remove and keep warm. Add the peppers, bamboo shoots, carrot and pepper flakes; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Return beef mixture to the pan. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Thai Beef Stir-Fry in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007, p63
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Beef Stir-Fry with Peanut Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 22, 2010
This is an easy very delicious recipe that we have made more than once. We love it!
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Thai Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >