Beef and Cheddar Quiche Recipe
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, cook the beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Meanwhile, line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake for 5 minutes more. Set aside.
- Drain beef; place in a large bowl. Add the eggs, mayonnaise, milk, onion, cornstarch, salt, pepper and 1 cup cheese. Pour into crust. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- If necessary, cover the edges of crust with foil to prevent overbrowning. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Beef and Cheddar Quiche
Sort By :
Very tasty, easy to put together. I added a can of green chilies to mine , and even my picky 6 year old ate it up.
Yum! So easy and yummy. Was a nice change from the usual sausage or bacon. Made it for a brunch and it was a big hit.
Added mushrooms because we like them and used biscuit on hand for bottom. We still love the recipe. Thanks
Have made it many times and it is always a hit with the whole family!
I added a chopped green pepper to add a little nutritional value.