Ground Beef Quiche
This hearty quiche is perfect to serve overnight guests because it's so easy to make. Your guests will love the delicious combination of beef and Swiss cheese.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion until beef is browned and onion is tender; drain. Stir in the salt, oregano, garlic powder and pepper. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and mayonnaise; stir into meat mixture. Fold in cheeses.
- Pour into pastry shell. Bake, uncovered, at 350° or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 558 calories, 42g fat (16g saturated fat), 184mg cholesterol, 650mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Ground Beef Quiche in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook
May 6, 2013
My whole family loved it! Very easy & even the picky eaters were pleasantly surprised!
Oct 7, 2008
Oops..did not see the bake time listed at top of recipe. Sorry
Oct 7, 2008
Any idea of the baking time before I start checking it with a knife?