- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 can (28 ounces) baked beans
- 4 hot dogs, sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the beans, hot dogs, bacon, ketchup, brown sugar and onion. Transfer to two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheese; top with corn bread batter.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Bake the second casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (4 servings each).
Reviews for Beans and Franks Bake
"I would recommend adding way more wieners and bacon than the recipe says. There was barely enough to make the second 8x8 dish. However, it was very tasty, my brothers who I made this for loved it. I used Bushes brown sugar hickory beans, and only added 1/4 cup brown sugar because there's already an insane amount of sugar in this. My diabetic husband said he didn't want to go anywhere near this lol."
"I used Baked Beans with Brown Sugar (what I had on hand) and it turned out too sweet. I added some yellow mustard and it balanced out fine. Wanted a little more flavor and moistness to the cornbread, so I used a Jiffy Cornbread recipe that had Creamed Corn in it. Worked well. The family liked it and we'll have it again sometime.."
"Loved this recipe! I made it exactly as written and served it with some fresh pineapple on the side."
"Made a few changes. beef sausage instead of hotdogs (had a coupon), grilled the onions in the bacon fat, used Bush's Baked Beans (another coupon deal), added some garlic salt and pepper to spice up, and used GF cornbread mix."
"This was a fun recipe. Thanks. I twisted it up a bit. I used Bush's canned beans and added a can of black beans and a small can of rotel original. We are empty nesters and usually eat a lot healthier. But my husband had this craving for beans and franks and voila! Thanks again."
"Wasn't sure how this would go over at my party. It was delicious and a big hit. What great comfort food. I left out the mozzarella cheese cause I didn't see the point. It was still excellent. Thanks for this."
"this was very easy to make and to have one in the freezer was nice"
"I didn't really care for this recipe much. It could be that the canned beans that I had already were sweet with brown sugar. There are many other recipes that I prefer to make."