My husband and I have two sons, ages 5 and 3. With our demanding careers, main dishes like this one that can be prepared in a flash are essential for us. I always have the ingredients for this recipe on hand. Cooking the rice and shredding the cheese the night before save precious minutes at dinnertime. —Beth Osborne Skinner Bristol, Tennessee
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 flour tortillas (6 to 7 inches)
- In a bowl, combine the beans, salsa, rice and 1 cup cheese. Spoon about 1/3 cup off-center on each tortilla. Fold the sides and ends over filling and roll up.
- Arrange burritos in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Bean Burritos in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p31
Reviews for Bean Burritos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review