Batter-Fried Fish Recipe
- 1/2 pound cod
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon each garlic powder, onion powder, salt, cayenne pepper and paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/3 cup club soda
- Oil for frying
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 to 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- Rinse fillets in cold water; pat dry. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag; add fish one piece at a time. Seal bag; toss to coat. In a shallow bowl, combine the cornstarch, seasonings and soda.
- In a heavy skillet, heat 1 in. of oil. Dip floured fillets into batter; fry over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Combine marmalade and horseradish; serve with fish. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Batter-Fried Fish(4)
Sort By :
I tried this recipe because my son is allergic to eggs. I have used it with fish and chicken nuggets. My kids absolutely love it.
My husband loves fish, I don't, but try to fix it during lent. We both give this recipe a "thumbs up".
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >