Moist Baked Fish
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 3/4 pound perch, bluegill or catfish fillets
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup coarsely crushed sour cream and onion potato chips
- In a shallow bowl, combine soup and milk; dip fillets. Place in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with pepper. Combine butter and lemon juice; drizzle over fillets. Top with potato chips.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 17-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 410 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 189mg cholesterol, 686mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.
Apr 6, 2010
My husband and I both enjoyed this recipe made with flounder & Halibut. I have never found cream of onion soup (perhaps it's an east coast item?) but substitute cream of celery. Pleasant. On my monthly rotation.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.