- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in bananas and sour cream. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Stir into banana mixture just until moistened. Fold in nuts.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Reviews for Banana Nut Bread
"I found this recipe to have very little flavor...but I did change it some to suit our needs: I did not use real butter because of a dairy allergy, used about 1 1/3 cups mashed banana, 1 cup whole wheat flour + 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour and did not add any nuts. I might try it again using the entire amount of all-purpose and not substituting any whole wheat flour, but unfortunately, I will have to remain with the dairy-free margarine and no nuts."
"The bread turned out perfect. My whole family enjoyed eating this with some butter. My five year old daughter loved smooshing the bananas. I did add some pumpkin spice along with the cinnamon. I will make this again."
"YUM! Great with whole wheat flour.~ Theresa"
"I save bananas to a zip bag in my freezer as they start to get too ripe, so when I have enough...I bake this bread! But I DOUBLE the amount of the bananas...it makes such a rich, dark, moist loaf. Very good!"