Banana Chip Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. In a small bowl, combine bananas and milk. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with banana mixture. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Banana Chip Bread(10)
Sort By :
Excellent and easy to make!
This bread is awesome! Even without the pecans, it's great. Chocolate and bananas....yum!
It was good, it was moist but it really just tasted like banana bread with chocolate chips! Should probably mince up some cherries so that the bread resembles the name.
very good. No changes were made.
This is everyone's favorite banana bread! I am often asked for the recipe. I was asked to make mini loaves for a bake sale and they were gone in the first five minutes!