Banana Beignet Bites Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups cake flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a small bowl, mix sugars and cinnamon until blended. In a large bowl, whisk the first five beignet ingredients. In another bowl, whisk egg, bananas, milk and 2 tablespoons oil until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop tablespoonfuls of batter, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry about 45-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Roll in sugar mixture while warm. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Banana Beignet Bites
Sort By :
"My family enjoyed these beignets! The flavoring to them is very good."
"I have made beignets in the past but these were so much easier and flavorful. I didn't feel as if I needed to add vanilla. I found them just fine as is. Will be making these again."
"This reminded me of a donut recipe but a lot quicker to put together. They are packed with flavor and the bananas in them add a great touch of flavor. I didn't have cake flour so I used 2 cups flour removed 4 tbsp. Of it and replaced it with 4 tbsp. Corn starch."
"I bring in a breakfast treat every Friday to the school where I am the nurse there. I brought these in this morning! They were a HUGE hit and will become a favorite for Friday's. I too added the vanilla and believe it is the missing ingredient. I also deep fried mine and it took a little longer than the 45-60 seconds. I left mine in until they were golden brown which took about 2 1/2-3 min. Agree it is easier than you would think to make."
"This recipe is alot easier than it looks. It tastes like a warm banana doughnut. Very, very tasty."