- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups cake flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a small bowl, mix sugars and cinnamon until blended. In a large bowl, whisk the first five beignet ingredients. In another bowl, whisk egg, bananas, milk and 2 tablespoons oil until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop tablespoonfuls of batter, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry about 45-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Roll in sugar mixture while warm. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Banana Beignet Bites
Sort By :
"I made these this morning and they are delicious - my family loved them! I didn't feel the need to add vanilla; the bananas were a great flavor by themselves. I did find that I needed to fry the beignets about one minute on each side to be sure they were done in the middle. An excellent recipe, and especially perfect for the Mardi Gras time of year! Definitely a keeper!"
"So easy to make. We used a small cookie scoop to scoop out the batter!"
"My family enjoyed these beignets! The flavoring to them is very good."
"I have made beignets in the past but these were so much easier and flavorful. I didn't feel as if I needed to add vanilla. I found them just fine as is. Will be making these again."
"This reminded me of a donut recipe but a lot quicker to put together. They are packed with flavor and the bananas in them add a great touch of flavor. I didn't have cake flour so I used 2 cups flour removed 4 tbsp. Of it and replaced it with 4 tbsp. Corn starch."