Bite-Sized Apple Pies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 medium tart apples
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon; reserve 1 tablespoon. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry sheets; roll and trim each to an 8-in. square. Brush with 2 tablespoons butter; sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture. Cut each square into eight 1-in. strips.
- Cut each apple into eight wedges; wrap one strip of pastry around each wedge, placing sugared side of pastry against the apple.
- Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Brush tops with remaining butter; sprinkle with reserved sugar mixture. Bake 13-15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 163 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Jun 8, 2018
Can these be made a day or so ahead & kept refrigerated? Looking for Fall desserts for catering service.
Mar 21, 2018
So fast and easy! I use granny smith apples. It's like making mini apple pies but much easier.
Feb 20, 2017
What a fun way to make individual apple pie slices. Loved it. Next time I am going to use my own pie crust and think it will even be better.
Sep 26, 2016
We used honeycrisp apples, and tossed the slices in the cinnamon sugar mixture rather than sprinkling it on the dough. We had them with a side of warmed caramel ice cream topping for dipping. Fast, fun, delicious.
Jul 27, 2015
Amazing, simply amazing. Easy to make, delicious to eat and was loved by all. I have an apple tree in the backyard and come harvest time, i plan to make this a weekly staple. i served with warm caramel sauce for dipping. Score!
Jul 24, 2015
What's not to love? Pie crust, apples, cinnamon, butter? Mmmm good. I love hand held food when serving a crowd or group. This will go in my recipe file!
May 10, 2015
Jan 2, 2014
Easy to make and delicious. Best if eaten immediately
Aug 10, 2013
Another great, easy dessert to whip up quick. We enjoy these on a weekend in the fall.
Nov 14, 2012
We had a lot of fun rolling this up as a family. We took leftovers to a large gathering and they were quickly gobbled up. So easy - I am no baker and pies intimidate me. This is completely doable for those of us who rely on refrigerated pie crusts! I especially love that I didn't have to peel and cube the apples! Just used my apple wedger, trimmed a little, and then ready to go!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.