- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or rum extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the bananas, milk and extract. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to banana mixture just until moistened. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Banana and Nut Bread(17)
Sort By :
LOVE how moist this bread is!
Loved this recipe
I love this recipe. Depending on my mood, I'll use pecans, walnuts, chocolate chips, or nothing at all, and it turns out perfect every time. If I'm really hungry, I'll use some of the batter for muffins which are ready to eat in about 15 minutes.
Overall the bread was good, not great. I had to over cook it because the center was still raw. So I'm guessing that's why it wasn't as moist.
More on the dry side.