- 3-3/4 cups uncooked rigatoni
- 5 Italian sausage links (4 ounces each), sliced
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add spaghetti sauce and wine.
- Drain rigatoni; add to sausage mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Freeze option: Freeze individual portions of cooled pasta mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little spaghetti sauce if necessary. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Baked Rigatoni & Sausage
Sort By :
"A friend brought me this after I got out of the hospital. My family loved it! It was nourishing to both body and soul!"
"Really great when you are in a hurry!!"
"This had nice flavor. I am not a fan of cooking with wine since I don't drink it, but I went ahead and used a Pinot Noir and it was surprisingly delicious. Just a hint of the flavor after it cooked off. I will make this dish again."
"This was very easy to make. It was a big hit at our house. I will definitely be making this recipe over and over again!"
"This is so delicious and easy to make."