Pear & Turkey Sausage Rigatoni
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 2 Italian turkey sausage links (4 ounces each), casings removed
- 2 medium pears, sliced
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- Toasted sliced almonds, optional
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking into large crumbles, 6-8 minutes. Add pears; cook and stir until lightly browned, 3-5 minutes.
- Drain rigatoni; add to sausage mixture. Add spinach, cream and 1/4 cup cheese; cook until spinach is wilted, 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Top with remaining cheese. If desired, sprinkle with almonds.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups (calculated without almonds): 273 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 medium-fat meat.
Oct 12, 2018
Fabulous! The only change I made was to use the light Turkey Italian Sausage and fat-free half
Nov 18, 2015
My husband was skeptical about the pears, but now says the pears and the nuts "made it"! A true gourmet entree that we will make again soon. Definitely something we would serve to guests!
Oct 21, 2015
Yes, this is truly like something from a 5 star restaurant!! What a wonderful combination of flavors and textures. Comes together very quickly too. I did not add the blue cheese to the top as it's not a favorite of my husbands but kept the 1/4 c in the sauce. I can't wait to make this again!!
Oct 10, 2015
This was savory, and creamy wth a touch of Sweetness. Delicious!!
Dec 8, 2013
YUM and SIMPLE!!! What a rich flavor and heartiness this dish has. The pear adds a hint of sweetness. I found a basil pesto turkey-chicken sausage at Trader Joe's that added a tiny spice kick to round off this great tasting dish. Super easy and quick to make.