Pear & Turkey Sausage Rigatoni
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 2 Italian turkey sausage links (4 ounces each), casings removed
- 2 medium pears, sliced
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- Toasted sliced almonds, optional
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into large crumbles. Add pears; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Drain rigatoni; add to sausage mixture. Add spinach, cream and 1/4 cup cheese; cook 3-4 minutes or until spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally. Top with remaining cheese. If desired, sprinkle with almonds.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups (calculated without almonds): 273 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 medium-fat meat.
Nov 18, 2015
My husband was skeptical about the pears, but now says the pears and the nuts "made it"! A true gourmet entree that we will make again soon. Definitely something we would serve to guests!
Oct 21, 2015
Yes, this is truly like something from a 5 star restaurant!! What a wonderful combination of flavors and textures. Comes together very quickly too. I did not add the blue cheese to the top as it's not a favorite of my husbands but kept the 1/4 c in the sauce. I can't wait to make this again!!
Oct 10, 2015
This was savory, and creamy wth a touch of Sweetness. Delicious!!
Dec 8, 2013
YUM and SIMPLE!!! What a rich flavor and heartiness this dish has. The pear adds a hint of sweetness. I found a basil pesto turkey-chicken sausage at Trader Joe's that added a tiny spice kick to round off this great tasting dish. Super easy and quick to make.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.