- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 orange roughy or catfish fillets (4 ounces each)
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cheese, flour, paprika, salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, beat egg and milk. Dip fish fillets into egg mixture, then coat with the cheese mixture.
- Arrange in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Parmesan Fish
"very bland... but is good.."
"Nice mild flavor and one of the few seafood dishes my kids like."
"Very bland. Will not be making this again."
"Very flavorful! I was surprised...I was actually afraid it would be bland, but it was delicious!"
"was one of the best fish dishes i have made. my wife hates fish but loved this one. i used smoked paprika and swai fish. i give this a two thumbs up"