My nectarine chicken casserole is a fun twist on classic. Folks love the crunchy chow mein noodles on top. I love that I can make it a day in advance and refrigerate until it's time to serve. Serve with hot bread or rolls.
Recommended: 65 Heart-Healthy Suppers
- 1-1/3 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 8 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 4 medium nectarines, coarsely chopped
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 2 cans (3 ounces each) crispy chow mein noodles
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix the first five ingredients. In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery, nectarines, and onions. Add mayonnaise mixture; toss gently to coat.
Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with noodles. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
To Make Ahead: Can be made a day in advance. Cover and refrigerate. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Sprinkle with noodles. Bake as directed. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Baked Nectarine Chicken Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p193
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Nectarine Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review