- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, drained
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place tilapia in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with pepper. Spoon tomatoes over tilapia; top with onion and green pepper.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBaked Italian Tilapia
"I found this to be a simple and delicious recipe! I didn't have green pepper on hand! I did use a shredded Italian 5-cheese blend, rather than Parmesan cheese and four tilapia filets. Also, I didn't drain the tomatoes-I just spooned the tomatoes and juice over the fish. Thank you for sharing this recipe! delowenstein"
"This recipe is so simple and quick. Pefect for a week night. Plus it was delicious."