- 5 bacon strips
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Drain on paper towels; set aside.
- Combine the egg, milk, Worcestershire sauce, carrots, green pepper, crackers, 1/2 cup cheese, onion and seasonings in a large bowl. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into five loaves. Arrange around the edge of a microwave-safe deep-dish pie plate; top each with a strip of bacon.
- Cover and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Spread ketchup over tops and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Bacon-Topped Mini Meat Loaves
Sort By :
How hot of an oven for how long?
Oops! Forgot to add i made this in the oven...
LOVE this meat loaf! Got it out of the Simple & Delicious Magaizne and don't make meat loaf any other way!! A MUST!
This is a very delicious meat loaf, i made mine in the oven, i'm not sure i would add the bacon next time, but great flavor. You can leave out the onions and bell pepper and it still taste great.