Everyone in my family loves this summery salad—even the younger kids! I serve it at pretty much every get-together I've hosted, and at this point, the recipe's been shared too many times to count. —Noreen McCormick Danek, Cromwell, Connecticut
Recommended: 32 Addicting Avocado Recipes
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 bunch romaine, chopped (about 12 cups)
- 3/4 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola or feta cheese
- Place first six ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well until blended. Refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, bacon, tomatoes and onion. Toss avocados with lemon juice and add to salad. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with dressing, shaking to blend again if needed. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Bacon Avocado Salad in Simple & Delicious June/July 2017
Reviews for Bacon Avocado Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review