My family really enjoys asparagus and shrimp. We often have this on busy weeknights because its healthy and cooks quickly. —Ehnes Wannetta, Eagle Bend, Minnesota
Recommended: 84 Lemon Recipes from Tart to Sweet
- 6 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 wedges The Laughing Cow garlic and herb Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook linguine according to package directions, adding asparagus during the last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add shrimp and garlic; cook 2-4 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in broth; cook over medium heat 1-2 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated. Add Swiss cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper; stir until cheese is melted.
- Drain linguine and asparagus, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water. Stir linguine and asparagus into shrimp mixture, adding enough reserved pasta water to moisten pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Shrimp Linguine in Light Recipes 2015, px
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Asparagus Shrimp Linguine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review