Asian Chicken Thighs Recipe
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 bone-in chicken thighs (about 1-3/4 pounds), skin removed
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Sliced green onions
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 8-10 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. In a small bowl, whisk water, brown sugar, orange juice, soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar, garlic, pepper flakes and five-spice powder. Pour over chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until chicken is tender, turning chicken occasionally.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1 minute or until sauce is thickened. Sprinkle with green onions. If desired, serve with rice. Yield: 5 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Asian Chicken Thighs(55)
Sort By :
Excellent recipe. Will make over and over again.
4 thumbs up in my house!
I love this recipe. It is quick and is so yummy.
This was good, but I made it with 1 pound of cubed boneless pork, a sliced yellow onion, a sliced green bell pepper, and a sliced yellow bell pepper. I tripled the sauce ingredients except for the brown sugar (which I doubled). I let it simmer for 10 minutes instead of 30 because of the meat cube size. We had enough sauce for our rice too.
Have done this recipe twice and both times it was a BIG hit! I did this for a small group, about 30, young adults working our church 'Sports Camp' and they loved it. I did it again for the O.W.L.S. (Older Wiser Loving Saints) at church and many asked for the recipe. I couldn't find the Chinese five spice powder so we didn't use it but it had a great taste. Thank you for these wonderful recipes.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >