- 1-1/4 cups unsweetened apple juice or cider, divided
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and cubed
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Pastry for single-crust pie (10 inches)
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 12 pecan halves
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring 3/4 cup apple juice and sugar to a boil, stirring occasionally. Add apples and cranberries; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until apples are tender and berries pop,. Whisk flour and remaining juice until smooth; stir into cranberry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature.
- Fit pastry into an 10-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom, or press into the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a 10-in. springform pan. Line pastry with double thickness of heavy-duty foil.
- Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 7-10 minutes or until pastry is nearly done. Cool. Add apple mixture. Combine first four topping ingredients; sprinkle over filling. Arrange pecan halves on top. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Apple Cranberry Tart in Country Woman November/December 1995, p29
Reviews for Apple Pecan Cranberry Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review