A treat for all tastes, this one’s sweet, tart and nutty all rolled into one. Make it during the holidays, for birthdays, and whenever you crave something fabulous and fruity.—Sonya Labbe, Los Angeles, California
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup cold butter
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and walnuts; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg. Gently stir in cranberries. Transfer to crust.
- Bake at 425° for 25 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and orange peel. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in walnuts. Sprinkle over filling. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Cranberry Tart in Country Woman December/January 2012, p39
Reviews for Apple-Cranberry Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 30, 2012
"Great flavour, however, crust was too brown. Next time will reduce the oven temperature to either 375 or 400 and will bake on a foil lined cookie sheet (seepage due to removable bottom)."