- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups coarsely chopped peeled apples
- 1 cup broken walnuts
- In bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside. Combine the eggs, oil, vanilla and apples. Stir into flour mixture. Fold in the walnuts.
- Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Apple Bread(13)
Sort By :
I had to add a cup of water...hope it works....am sure this was a misprint....the person who proofread this recipe before submitting, needs to find a new job!
The recipe overall is a good one. I did need to add 1/4 cup buttermilk to the batter since it was a little to dry and all the flour had not incorporated. I used buttermilk since it was what I use when making other similar types of bread. I added it 1 table spoon at a time just until the batter was moist. I also added 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg and ground cloves to the dry mix.
I added milk to the recipe and one more egg. I just added enough to give it a cake like batter consistency. I have it in the oven now. Just waiting to see how it turns out.
Is this recipe correct? I mixed it up this morning and it was too dry to bake.
This recipe is bad. Like others said, something is wrong with this recipe. DON"T MAKE IT.