Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
Makes2 loaves (12 slices each)
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled apple
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla until blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add to egg mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in apples, rhubarb and walnuts.
- Transfer to two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.
Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled loaves in plastic wrap and foil. To use, thaw at room temperature.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 196 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jun 30, 2018
Really good. I added a sugar topping. As an experiment, I may swap out 1/2 cup sugar for brown sugar next time.
Jan 3, 2017
OMG Lady, I Just made this and it is one of the best apple breads I have made to date! :) the addition of Rhubarb is nothing short of genius!
Apr 21, 2015
This bread recipe was very moist and good. I halved recipe for just one loaf and turned out great.