Apple Betty with Almond Cream Recipe
- 3 pounds tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 10 slices cinnamon-raisin bread, cubed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- WHIPPED CREAM:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Place apples in an ungreased 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the bread, brown sugar, butter, extract, cinnamon, cardamom and salt; spoon over apples. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until apples are tender.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add the sugar, lemon peel and extract; beat until soft peaks form. Serve with apple mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Apple Betty with Almond Cream(10)
Sort By :
Delicious recipe. A real crowd pleaser. I used plain whipped cream but I'm sure it would be even better with the almond cream.
Made this for dessert today. Very good. I didn't have the cream so had it plain. I did not use the slow cooker.... Just baked it in the oven. I should have covered the top with foil, but still enjoyed to . I made no changes to the recipe. Will make this again.
This is a great recipe....the almond cream really makes it!
I did not think it would be so easy. and I did not think it would tast so dam good. thank you so very much. firstname.lastname@example.org
LOVED IT! Will definitely make this many more times. It's delicious and the smell while cooking is divine.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Crisps & Cobblers >
- Desserts >