Easy Apple Betty
I've been cooking since I was a young girl and am always on the lookout for easy yet delicious dishes. This recipe fits the bill.—Sharon Knelsen, Coaldale, Alberta
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 10 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 3 pounds)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1-3/4 cups crushed oatmeal cookies (about 18)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Toss apples and apple juice; arrange half in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine cookie crumbs, butter and cinnamon; sprinkle half over apples. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown.