- 4 slices white bread, toasted
- 3 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- Tear toast into bite-sized pieces; place in a greased 1-1/2-qt. casserole. Top with apples. Combine sugars and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples. Drizzle with butter.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour, stirring after 30 minutes. Serve warm with cream.
1 serving: 456 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 276mg sodium, 78g carbohydrate (63g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.