Grandma Davidson’s Baked Apple Pudding
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 cups boiling water
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, mix the first five ingredients. Add milk; stir just until blended. Fold in apples. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. deep baking dish. Dot with butter.
- Pour boiling water over top. Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 291 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 381mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 28, 2019
Sep 20, 2016
The recipe is just fine as written. I overcooked mine just slightly by accident. I think it might be better described as Apple Pudding cake, but maybe that was part of my overcooking. Regardless, it was excellent. Only thing I added differently was vanilla. 4 Stars for a perfectly fine recipe I would serve anytime. I love that has just simple , cheap ingredients, makes it even better, and far more practical for any occasion. I initially thought maybe it would be too much sugar, but did not taste over the top.