Chock-full of veggies and topped off with golden-brown biscuits and Alfredo sauce, this casserole from Cheryl Miller in Fort Collins, Colorado will warm you through. “It's fun to prepare and has the most excellent flavor,” Cheryl says. TIP: “I like to serve it with a crisp green salad.”
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 carton (10 ounces) refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, saute broccoli, carrots and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Stir in chicken and Alfredo sauce; heat through. Transfer to a lightly greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine baking mix, milk and dill just until moistened. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, 18-22 minutes or until bubbly and biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Alfredo Chicken 'n' Biscuits in Quick Cooking January/February 2006, p61
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Alfredo Chicken 'n' Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review