- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 1 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves with skin
- In a large ovenproof skillet, saute onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon oil for 3 minutes. Add zucchini and red pepper; saute for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in Parmesan cheese, basil, salt and pepper. Carefully loosen the skin of each chicken breast one side to form a pocket; stuff with vegetable mixture. In the same skillet, brown chicken, skin side down, in remaining oil. Turn chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forZucchini-Stuffed Chicken
"This recipie was awesome! I took the advice of another reviewer and used boneless skinless chicken that was thin sliced by the butcher to make little roll ups. PHENOMENOL! Also, since this recipe didnt call for any spices on the chicken, i drizzeled olive oil and spices on it once in the oven. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this recipe!"
"To cut back on the fat I used skinless boneless chicken breasts. I flattened them out and put the zucchini mixture in the middle and rolled them up and then baked them. They were very good."