- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, parsley, basil, thyme and onion mixture. Stir in eggs and milk just until combined. Stir in zucchini and cheese.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 biscuits.
Reviews forZucchini Cheddar Biscuits
"I cut this recipe in half. Adding the zucchini makes the biscuits so moist. I kept the leftovers in the refrigerator and served them warm the next day with melted cheese in the middle. Thank you Jean for sharing this recipe."
"I made these tonight with dinner, very simple and easy. Meant to add minced garlic, but still very very good. My picky husband even liked them. Amazing that they are made with zucchini. You wouldn't know it if I didn't tell him. Have a garden and always looking for recipes for zucchini. Will make again!!!!"
"I also add one clove of garlic and saute with the onion & butter. They remind me of the Cheddar Biscuits from Red Lobster!! We grow, shred, and freeze our own Zucchini then we can eat these biscuits all winter long!"