Zippy Turkey Zoodles
Eating healthy doesn't mean sacrificing flavor—and these spiced-up zoodles prove it. If you don't have a spiralizer, simply slice the zucchini julienne-style. —Elizabeth Bramkamp, Gig Harbor, Washington
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- Optional: Chopped fresh cilantro and shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet heat 2 teaspoons olive oil over medium heat. Add turkey, onion, jalapeno and garlic and cook until turkey is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; breaking up turkey into crumbles, 8-10 minutes; drain. Stir in seasonings; remove and keep warm. Wipe out pan.
- In the same pan, heat remaining olive oil and cook zucchini over medium heat until crisp-tender, 3-5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, corn, beans and reserved turkey mixture; heat through. Serve with cilantro and cheese, if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-3/4 cups: 332 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 500mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 6g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 medium-fat meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.