Zippy Praline Bacon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound bacon strips
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 425°. Arrange bacon in a single layer in two foil-lined 15x10x1-in. pans. Bake 10 minutes; carefully pour off drippings.
- Mix brown sugar and chili powder; sprinkle over bacon. Sprinkle with pecans. Bake until bacon is crisp, 5-10 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 58 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 30, 2014
This is so good! Began preparing this crazy combination a number of years ago after watching a cooking television show. Since I have metal cookie cooling racks, I lay racks on top of foiled jelly roll pans. Greece drips off bacon and keeps it crispy. This is a frequent appetizer at our house for parties. No one can resist it. "Pig Candy" is a great game day tradition!
May 7, 2014
Perhaps this is a combination that I have to get used to. This was too sweet for me on my bacon.
Oct 17, 2010
Very good- similar flavor to a bacon wrapped chicken appetizer I love. Easy to make and delicious.