Winter Squash Banana Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
Makes2 loaves (16 slices each)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen cooked winter squash, thawed
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, allspice, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs, oil and vanilla; add squash and bananas. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
- Pour into two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 192 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 28, 2015
This is the best bread ever. I bake it in 6-7 mini loaf pans 3 x 5 inches and adjust the time without any problem. Several people I have given this bread to have commented that they ate the whole loaf in one setting - one of them saying it was in front of friends and they didn't even offer to share and really didn't feel guilty! It is really a keeper! Thanks for sharing!
May 5, 2009
Could the time/temp. be adjusted to using two (2) 9x5 loaf pans?