Wheat Yeast rolls
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add the oil, sugar, salt and whole wheat flour. Beat until smooth. Add enough all-purpose flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch down; divide into 12 pieces. Shape into rolls; place 3 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover; let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 175 calories, 7g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 5, 2013
These rolls were easy to make for an inexperienced bread baker and they were great! I will definitely make them again. I will probably make smaller rolls and get more than a dozen from the dough.
Mar 14, 2010
So good I thought I went to a bakery and bought them
Jan 4, 2010
These rolls sound delicious,quick and easy but when I am baking yeast breads/rolls I am definitely going to make a larger quantity. I will try them as a quicky recipe.
Jan 3, 2010
It was yummy, my family enjoy them very much. I served them with honey butter.