- 3 cups uncooked yolk-free whole wheat noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook beef and pepper until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in mixed vegetables, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, sugar and salt; heat through. Drain noodles; serve with meat mixture. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forWeeknight Beef Skillet
"ICK! The Worcestershire is way to strong. Doctored it up with a can of tomatoes with basil and oregano and then it was eatable."
"Did not care for this recipe."
"This is a good recipe. I will adjust the sugar next time I make it. 2 Tbsp did make it very sweet. My husband definately noticed the sugar. I don't care for green pepper so I substitued chopped onion and used a country trio vege consisting of corn, carrots and green beans. I had all ingredients on hand already so I was pleased I didn't have to run out to the store."
"forgot to mention I left out the sugar and salt."
"This wasn't bad, it just wasn't anything special."
"Not a bad recipe, but it needs some tweaking, unless you like your sauce really sweet!"