Weekday Beef Stew
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated beef roast au jus
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetables for stew
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups water
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold puff pastry. Using a 4-in. round cookie cutter, cut out 4 circles. Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 14-16 minutes.
- Meanwhile, shred beef with 2 forks; transfer to a large saucepan. Add tomatoes, vegetables and pepper; bring to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into beef mixture. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Ladle stew into 4 bowls; top each with a pastry round.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups with 1 pastry round: 604 calories, 25g fat (8g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 960mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 9g fiber), 32g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 16, 2019
I don't care if it's quick, easy and most important good! I gave it a 4 star only because it was more than 5 ingredients...Thank you Daniel Anderson...!!!
Apr 8, 2016
Quick, easy and delicious. Good for those busy weeknights.