Weekday Beef Stew
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated beef roast au jus
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetables for stew
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups water
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold puff pastry. Using a 4-in. round cookie cutter, cut out 4 circles. Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 14-16 minutes.
- Meanwhile, shred beef with 2 forks; transfer to a large saucepan. Add tomatoes, vegetables and pepper; bring to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into beef mixture. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Ladle stew into 4 bowls; top each with a pastry round.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups with 1 pastry round: 604 calories, 25g fat (8g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 960mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 9g fiber), 32g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 15, 2019
So classic, and so delicious!
Aug 28, 2019
If you're looking for a quick and hearty meal .... this recipe is for you! This stew came together so quickly ..... perfect for today's busy families! I used some leftover roast beef and gravy and I had to use a 16 ounce bag of regular mixed vegetables as I could not find the stew vegetables. I also added a 15 ounce can of diced potatoes (drained). Such a tasty meal ..... so hard to believe it was so easy to make! I give this 5 stars for sure! Volunteer Field Editor
Aug 23, 2019
Definitely a 5-star winner! We loved it. I had to use frozen veggies for soup since I could not find veggies for stew but they worked just fine. The pasty adds a nice touch to this dish. So quick, it was ready in about half an hour. This one is a keeper. Volunteer Field Editor
Aug 19, 2019
Made for a super-quick, tasty meal!
Apr 8, 2016
Quick, easy and delicious. Good for those busy weeknights.